Monday, May 2, 2011

A Buggy 1st Birthday Party!

I am so happy to be able to share my niece Paige's 1st birthday party!  The party was just amazing, and everything went off without a hitch.  My sister and I were so happy with the way everything turned out.  We couldn't have done it without the help from our sister Chelsi, our mom Sharon and Aunt Carla!  They slaved away Friday evening on whatever project we handed their way :)  Thank you so much!

Bear with me.  I am no photographer :)

Sweet table setup
The sweet table looked amazing!  The cookies and cakes were made by my sister Lisa.  The cookies were decorated by my sister Chelsi and Aunt Carla.  Cupcakes were made by my sister-in-law Candice.  They were strawberry-banana and they tasted amazing!  We served hamburgers, hot dogs and chips from a picnic basket.  Too cute!


Thank you so much to Charynn at Two Sugar Babies for these amazing fondant bugs and letters for our cake!  They looked amazing and they worked so well with our theme.  My sister made a watermelon cake that was very scrumptious and really added to the Spring feel of the party :)


The birthday girl was given her own little 1 cake to tear into.  Too bad she was like her big brother was at his first birthday party, and didn't want ANYTHING to do with it!  At least she didn't scream like he did when she saw the frosting on her hands :)  The flowers for the 1 cake were purchased at Wal-Mart.  This was before I knew about Charynn!  


I was so happy with the way the cupcake wrappers turned out!  The ribbon weaved through them just really made them stand out.


I just had to share this photo collage I made of the kids enjoying the party.  Too cute!



And last but certainly not least, the birthday girl herself...Paige!

Thank you so much for Caryn at Call It A Party for the beautiful onesie and bow!

Enjoying everyone singing to her!


Vendor credits

Party printables, banner, party hat - Leslie Earnest Studios
Fondant Bugs and lettering - Two Sugar Babies 
Candy flowers, candy, plates, silverware, etc - Wal-Mart and Dollar General
1 Onesie and bow - Caryn at Call It A Party!
Pettiskirt - Halo Heaven
Photography by Leslie Earnest Studios

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I'm in love! Charynn did an awesome job on those cake decorations. You girls pulled it off!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This party would not have been the same without my wonderful sister/designer, Leslie Earnest of Leslie Earnest Studios! The color scheme and design could not have been a more perfect fit for my onery baby girl, and Leslie was very patient with me while I spent weeks trying to decide on that perfect theme. She designed the invitations, cupcake wrappers and tags, welcome sign, party favor tags, sweet treats tag, and both banners. All of the fancy color-coordinating and ribbon-accenting was her brilliant inspiration, I was just along for the ride. She worked with both Charynn at Two Sugar Babies and Caryn at Call It A Party to make sure the fondant cake decorations and onesie and bow were up to our high standards, and I could not be more pleased with her judgement and their finished products. (Thank you both so much, everything was perfect!!) Leslie is a wildly creative and enthusiastic designer and this party was made possible by all of her hard work and determination! Thank you so much for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa! Thank you so much! I had a GREAT time working on Paige's party :) Thank you for letting me run with my creative juices! I have so many more party ideas for the future! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous party! Love the ribbon woven through the cupcake wrappers! Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I thought the cupcake wrappers turned out SO pretty. A little time-consuming, but so cute :)

    ReplyDelete